AT THE TIME OF THIS WRITING, THIS WORKS ONLY ON PS4 1.76 FW!
- USB flash drive
- USB keyboard
- Internet connection
What to do:
- You will need to get access to the browser from 1.76 without updating your console. How to do so is explained here.
- Download the Linux Kernel and ram init files from kR105.
- Format usb stick to FAT32
- Copy downloaded files at the root of the usb stick
- Insert usb stick into PS4
- Get to PS4 WebKit Playground (http://cturt.github.io/PS4-playground/) using ps4 browser (or google it).
- Click Load! in Linux loader box
If you want do something in console, connect a usb keyboard
- “Not Enough System Memory” error when trying to launch linux:
- Make sure you’re on firmware 1.76. The exploits have some hardcoded values that will not work on lower firmwares. You can get the 1.76 update file from psdevwiki here.
- If you’re on 1.76 but still have the issue, some people are recommending that you reboot your PS4 before trying again.
- Others say you might have to go into safemode: safemode [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)] with the PS4UPDATE.PUP (RECovery)http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/1.760.000
- How do I access the browser on PS4 1.76 without updating?
- There are two ways, described here